Monday, March 28, 2011

Unfinished business

I'm at a wall - can't turn left, can't turn right. These canvases are staring me down, but I'm drawing a blank. I know the inspiration will come to me...unfortunately, it takes its sweet time.

What unfinished projects - art or otherwise - do you have on the back burner, but you know you'll have to finish one day?


Not sure about the portrait orientation for the one above...I think I've painted myself into the proverbial corner.



And why did I make the background on this black?? And yes, the picture is crooked. So frustrated with the painting, it doesn't even bother me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ryan, I am at a block with two of my paintings too. I am going to paint over them both and start with a different color scheme. Sometimes the best thing to do is to start fresh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool that you are so open to show work that is not where you want it to be. I have a ton of unfinished projects - they bother me but not enough to finish them!

    ReplyDelete