Monday, March 21, 2011

Live Flowers as Art and Inspiration

On Monday, my family and I spent the day at the Walt Disney World parks. We were lucky enough to catch the Flower and Garden Festival, where not only hundreds of different types of plants and flowers are methodically staged throughout Epcot...they are also creatively morphed into Disney characters! This display no doubt put my garden, and yard in general, to total shame.




I'll post some pics of my garden - one of my other hobbies - in the coming days. Man...I sound like I'm an 80 year old woman (no offense to that demographic intended, but I'm a 30-something guy who still retains his man card)!  Whatever. I guess that's what being 'retired' does to you. Remind me that I need to catch the early bird special at Morrison's Cafeteria tomorrow. But I digress.

Paying attention throughout the day to where inspiration may surface is the key for me to move my art forward. To evolve the techniques, my planning thought process, my courage to try something new (for me). And I add that 'for me' in there because I feel like everything has been tried, right? Every technique, every color combination. However...I have not tried everything. So when I take a technique and use it through my perspective, I'm able to cultivate something completely unique.

In your creative process, or even day-to-day living, where do you find your inspiration? Is it at the Morrison's Cafeteria? If so, I'll see you there at 4:45 sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment